Finding the right builder can be tough.
Custom home builders, volume home builders, project home builders, kit home builders, pre-fab home builders, small local home builders, budget home specialists, luxury home specialists... the list goes on.
Time and time again we see people wasting months of their valuable time going around in circles talking the wrong builders. You don't want to choose a builder based on the pitch of their sales consultant, or their flashy marketing and latest promotions that turn out to be little more than a clever cast to hook you up and reel you in. To make the right decisions you need to know the secrets to stripping it back so that you can make a choice based not on perception, but reality. That's where we come in.
"Don't put your future in the hands of a sales pitch"
3 barriers to finding the right builder
Do you know the differences between a volume home builder, a project home builder and a custom home builder? It's time to know which builder you need to be talking to.
Are you providing the right information to the right builders for them to be able to provide you with a quote that compares apples with apples? It's time to know how to get easy to compare quotes.
Sure they're registered, but do you know the secrets to choosing a great builder that goes beyond the bright lights of their latest marketing campaign? It's time to know how to find the best builders.
If you're starting here you're in the wrong spot
If talking to builders is where you've started your home building journey then you're at risk of making any of the biggest and most costly mistakes made by people who build.
Starting here without having taken any of the previous essential steps means being unprepared for what will be the biggest investment of your life. Starting with the builder without knowing exactly how much you have to spend means that you don't yet know exactly what you can afford, meaning the builder can't tell you exactly what they can give you. Most of the people we talk to who start with the builder have either one of two outcomes.
1. They fall in love with a dream they can't afford; or
2. They jump in full bore and in the end blow their budget.
Starting with the builder without having taken any of the previous steps means making decisions with your heart, rather than your head, and in the process possibly blowing your budget into smitherines.
The consequences of putting the cart before the horse
If you start with the builder they may possibly over-quote you knowing they have you locked in because by this stage you've invested your heart and soul into one of their floorplan designs which they know makes it very hard for you to walk away from.
What's more, you won't be able to take their plan and have it built by anyone else because they'll own it. It is preferred that you own your own floorplans which give you the freddom to choose your preferred builder based on a whole range of important elements.
There's big advantages to having your plans designed independently on your own using a building designer. This doesn't have to be complicated or overly expensive. It can be as simple as finding a floorplan you like and having them turn it into a floorplan you love. That way you have the flexibility to have your plans quoted by any custom builder.
How do we help?
Becoming a member of Build In Oz means you'll know the secrets to making the right choice when it comes to choosing the right builder for you. You'll save loads of time, money and stress using an efficient, safe and effective process that will ensure you stay in control throughout your entire home building journey.
We'll show you:
- How to know the difference between a custom builder and a volume builder
- How to identify between a budget builder and a luxury home specialist
- How to obtain quotes from volume builders
- How to obtain quotes from custom builders
- How to decide which is the right builder to use
- How to avoid budget blow-outs
- How to work best with your builder
- How to understand which type of builder you need for your type of job.
This will help you:
- Understand what type of builder you need
- Obtain quotes efficiently using the Builders Brief Template ®
- Obtain or receive quotes that are easy to compare.
- Get proposals that give you your best options
- Reduce conflict in the event that any issues arise.
- Wasting months trying to organise quotes from different builders
- Wasting time conversing with the wrong builders
- Enduring a negative relationship with your builder
- Using a process you don’t trust.
- Feeling frustrated when you receive varied and confusing quotes
Taking this step will save you:
- TIME 10+ hours
- MONEY negotiable
- STRESS priceless