What is a Builders Brief a why do I need one?
A Builders Brief is a powerful tool in the process of building a new home. It allows you to direct your budget towards the areas of your home that matter most to you, ultimately creating a space that brings you the utmost happiness.
With a Builders Brief, you can engage in a give and take system, where you prioritise and allocate your resources to match your desired lifestyle within your budget, whether it's big or small. By considering our Builders Brief alongside your Building Home Checklist, you can confidently identify and confirm what you truly need in your new home.
This collaborative approach ensures that your vision and aspirations are at the forefront of the building process, allowing your home to reflect your unique style and preferences.
Firstly how Do you describe yourself?
- An Upsizer
- A Downsizer
- A First Home Owner
- An Investor
What's your purpose for building a new home?
- Live in it while it suits my current lifestyle
- Live in it forever
- Sell immediately upon completion for a private
- Build to rent out as an investment
Do you already have a block of land?
The type of Builder I'd like to build my home is:
- A Custom Builder (I need a floorplan designed)
- A Custom Builder (I'd like someone to build a floorplan I've already had designed)
- A Custom Builder (I have a floorplan I'd like changed to suit me)
- A Custom Builder (I'd like a builder who has set plans that I can amend to suit.
- A Volume or Project Builder (I'd like to choose from a range of set floorplans)
How many people will be living in your home?
How many bedrooms will you need?
Ideally, your master bedroom will have ?
- Built in robes.
- Walk in robe
How will your bathrooms function?
- One family bathroom only
- One family bathroom and an ensuite
- One family bathroom, an ensuite and a powder room for guests
- Two full size bathrooms and an ensuite
- Two full size bathrooms, an ensuite and a powder room
How many living areas will you need?
Having a theatre room is:
- Not required
- If my budget allows
Having an outdoor alfresco area is:
- Not required
- If my budget allows
I'd like my kitchen to be:
- Compact yet functional
- Designed according to my budget
- Spacious and luxurious
My pantry requirements are:
- Walk in Pantry
- Butlers Pantry with Benches
My garage needs to be:
- A single garage
- A single and a half garage (for storage etc)
- A double garage
- A double garage plus a half (for storage etc)
- A triple garage
Do you know your home building budget:
Getting quotes from builders that compare apples with apples can be really tough. Use a template to ensure that everyone is on the same page and providing you with the same costings for the same items.
If you're not comparing apples with apples, you're not comparing anything at all.
- Natalie Stevens
This information is of the nature of general comment only, and does not represent professional advice nor should it be substituted for professional advice. Whilst attempts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information, we don't guarantee it's accuracy. Any information we provide is not intended to provide specific guidance for particular circumstances and it should not be relied on as the basis for any decision to take action or not take action on any matter which it covers. You should always obtain professional advice before making any decision to purchase property of any kind. We recommend you seek professional financial advice prior to entering into a contract of any kind. Build In Oz disclaims all responsibility and liability to any person, arising directly or indirectly from any person taking or not taking action based on the information in this course. Please refer to our privacy and disclosure statement for further information.