What you NEED to know before buying land.
The #1 cause of the biggest and most costly mistakes made by those of use who are building a new home is simply not knowing the right questions to ask when buying a block of land.
If you're buying a block of land then you not only need to know what questions to ask, but you also need to understand the answers.
Buying a block of land without knowing these few simply yet vital secrets, then you're putting yourself at risk of blowing a lot more than just your budget.
"Don't put your future in the hands of a sales pitch"
It's as simple as knowing what to ask
You'll only regret what you didn't know to look out for. Make sure you've asked all the right questions so to make an informed decision.
Is the asking price fair and reasonable? Does the block impose limitations that you could leverage during negotiation?
Does the selling agent for the land know the full story, and if so are they passing that onto you? Stay safe with independent advice.
Can you be sure you're in the right hands?
It's true, Real Estate Agents are in the business of selling you property. But here's the thing. Buying a home and building a home are two completely different things. When you buy a home you can see what you're getting. But that's not the case when building and if you put your future in the hands of a sales pitch where someone is telling you what they want you to know, rather than what you need to know, then you're putting yourself at risk. Our experience shows that whilst agents may be well trained in selling homes, they are generally unaware of in more in-depth considerations of what's involved in building a home. They won't be able to help you avoid the risks because unless they've built a few homes themselves, chances are they won't even know what those risks are.
BUT, don't they have an obligation?
In short no. Land is like the ocean, you don't know what lies beneath until you dive deep. Unfortunately, agents aren't going to be encouraging you to do this. And equally as unfortunate is that no-one is obliged to tell you what you don't know. What's even worse is that you don't know what you don't know so how can you be expected to know what to look out for?
That's exactly why we've made it easy for you to quickly and easily get the secret sauce info you need to know that will mean you ask the right questions of the right people at the right time... The kind of questions that will let you avoid the biggest and most costly mistakes made.
How do we help?
Becoming a member of Build In Oz means you won't blow your budget on unexpected site costs or risk discovering scary things about your block only after you make the purchase. Here's what we share with our members that other can't or won't.
We'll show you:
- How to choose the right location
- How to use a land comparison chart
- How to safely buy land off-the-plan
- How to read a plan of subdivision
- How to know if there’s covenants
- How to know if there’s easements
- How to understand site costs
- How to get quotes for site costs
- How to best build on a sloping block
- How to find the right legal conveyancer
- How to find the right land specialist
- How to put a block on hold or make an offer
We'll enable you to:
- Choose the perfect location
- Understand land attributes that may affect your building process
- Avoid costly mistakes
- Know exactly what things you need to look for
- Know what questions to ask
- Stay protected legally
Our secrets will help you avoid:
- Building in the wrong area for you
- Experiencing nasty surprises in the future you didn’t know were part of the future development of the area
- Blowing your budget on excessive site costs
- Discovering things about your block you didn’t know before you purchased that will cause costly problems for you once your builder starts
Taking this step will save you:
- TIME 10+ hours
- MONEY negotiable
- STRESS priceless